Do Adidas soccer jerseys run small? This is a question that you’re probably asking yourself if you’re buying your first soccer jersey from Adidas. The answer? It isn’t entirely straightforward!
Some people say that Adidas jerseys run small, while others claim that they fit true to size. So, how can we truly judge the sizing of Adidas soccer jerseys?
We’re here with everything you need to know to help you pick the right size for you.
Let’s kick off!
Table of Contents
Factors That Affect the Fit of an Adidas Soccer Jersey
The fit of an Adidas soccer jersey depends on a few factors, including the style of the jersey, the material it’s made from, and of course the size of the person wearing it!
The way you wash and take care of your jersey is also an important factor that contributes to its size.
Style of the Jersey
Here are some examples of various styles of Adidas soccer shirts and how their differences may cause a notable change in size:
- Authentic jerseys: These jerseys are made of lightweight, breathable fabrics that wick away sweat. Authentic soccer jerseys are worn by professional soccer players, and they usually have a tight fit to keep from flapping while running.
- Replica jerseys: These jerseys are made of a heavier, more durable material that’s more comfortable to wear in cold weather. Also called a fan jersey, a replica jersey typically has a looser fit than an authentic jersey.
- Training jerseys: These jerseys are for comfort and durability. Often, they tend to be a bit larger than their authentic and replica cousins.
- Lifestyle jerseys: These jerseys are designed for everyday wear. They’re made of lightweight materials and may have a looser fit than authentic, replica, or training jerseys.
The material that an Adidas soccer jersey is made from can also affect whether or not it runs small once you wear it.
For instance, polyester jerseys tend to fit more snugly than cotton jerseys.
The reason is that polyester is a synthetic material that doesn’t stretch as much as cotton. So it holds its shape better than most natural materials, perfect if you want a tight jersey!
Here’s a quick comparison between polyester, cotton, and spandex, which most Adidas soccer jerseys are made with:
- Polyester: This is a synthetic material known for its durability and moisture-wicking properties. It’s often available in authentic and replica jerseys.
- Cotton: This is a natural material that soccer players like for its comfort and breathability. That’s why you’ll usually find it in training and lifestyle jerseys.
- Spandex: This is a synthetic material that has incredible stretchability. It’s mainly featured in jerseys that promise a snug fit.
Size of the Person Wearing the Jersey
Without a doubt, your size and height can have a huge impact on the fit of your Adidas soccer jersey.
A person who is taller or heavier than average may need to size up to get a comfortable fit.
If you’re shorter or lighter than most people, you may be able to get away with sizing down!
Washing and Care
Finally, don’t underestimate the power of washing and caring for your Adidas jersey.
Doing it properly will help you maintain its original fit, while not following the right care instructions may change the size drastically!
To explain, if you wash your jersey in hot water or dry it in a hot dryer, it could end up shrinking after the first wash.
This is why it’s important to pay attention to the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Let’s help you out by giving you some tips for washing and caring for your Adidas soccer jersey:
- Wash your jersey in cold water.
- Use a mild detergent when cleaning your Adidas jersey.
- Steer clear of bleaching your jersey.
- Air dry your jersey or tumble dry it on low heat.
Tips for Choosing the Right Adidas Soccer Jersey Size
Choosing the right size Adidas soccer jersey can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these tips, you can ensure that you get a jersey that suits your body type.
- Measure your body: Compare your measurements to the size chart provided by the manufacturer. You can find a size chart on the Adidas website or on the website of the retailer where you’re buying the jersey.
- Consider the style of the jersey: Some jerseys are designed to fit more snugly, while others are more relaxed. If you’re unsure about what size to order, it’s always better to size up.
- Think about your body type: If you have a muscular build, you may need to choose a bigger size. If you’re on the petite side, go for a smaller fit.
- Try on the jersey before you buy it: This is a mistake-free way to ensure that the jersey fits you perfectly without second guesses!
- If you’re ordering online, read the reviews: Reading reviews from other customers can give you a good idea of how the jersey fits on average.
- If you’re still unsure about the jersey’s size, contact the manufacturer or retailer: They should be able to help you choose the ideal size jersey for you.
The Final Score.
So, do Adidas soccer jerseys run small?
The truth is, it depends on several factors, including the jersey’s style, the material it’s made from, and your body dimensions. The way you wash and dry your jersey will also affect its fit.
Lastly, if you’re unsure about what size to order, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and size up. This will ensure that you get a comfortable fit and that the jersey won’t shrink after you wash it.
Now go out there and find the perfect Adidas soccer jersey for training or a big game!