Do Adidas football shirts run small? This is a question that you’re probably asking yourself if you’re buying your first football shirt from Adidas. The answer? It isn’t entirely straightforward!
Some people say that Adidas shirts run small, while others claim that they fit true to size. So, how can we truly judge the sizing of Adidas football shirts?
We’re here with everything you need to know to help you pick the right size for you.
Let’s kick off!
Table of Contents
Factors That Affect the Fit of an Adidas Football Shirt
The fit of an Adidas football shirt depends on a few factors, including the style of the shirt, the material it’s made from, and of course the size of the person wearing it!
The way you wash and take care of your shirt is also an important factor that contributes to its size.
Style of the Shirt
Here are some examples of various styles of Adidas football shirts and how their differences may cause a notable change in size:
- Authentic shirts: These shirts are made of lightweight, breathable fabrics that wick away sweat. Authentic football shirts are worn by professional football players, and they usually have a tight fit to keep from flapping while running.
- Replica shirts: These shirts are made of a heavier, more durable material that’s more comfortable to wear in cold weather. Also called a fan shirt, a replica shirt typically has a looser fit than an authentic shirt.
- Training shirts: These shirts are for comfort and durability. Often, they tend to be a bit larger than their authentic and replica cousins.
- Lifestyle shirts: These shirts are designed for everyday wear. They’re made of lightweight materials and may have a looser fit than authentic, replica, or training shirts.
The material that an Adidas football shirt is made from can also affect whether or not it runs small once you wear it.
For instance, polyester shirts tend to fit more snugly than cotton shirts.
The reason is that polyester is a synthetic material that doesn’t stretch as much as cotton. So it holds its shape better than most natural materials, perfect if you want a tight shirt!
Here’s a quick comparison between polyester, cotton, and lycra, which most Adidas football shirts are made with:
- Polyester: This is a synthetic material known for its durability and moisture-wicking properties. It’s often available in authentic and replica shirts.
- Cotton: This is a natural material that football players like for its comfort and breathability. That’s why you’ll usually find it in training and lifestyle shirts.
- Lycra: This is a synthetic material that has incredible stretchability. It’s mainly featured in shirts that promise a snug fit.
Size of the Person Wearing the Shirt
Without a doubt, your size and height can have a huge impact on the fit of your Adidas football shirt.
A person who is taller or heavier than average may need to size up to get a comfortable fit.
If you’re shorter or lighter than most people, you may be able to get away with sizing down!
Washing and Care
Finally, don’t underestimate the power of washing and caring for your Adidas shirt.
Doing it properly will help you maintain its original fit, while not following the right care instructions may change the size drastically!
To explain, if you wash your shirt in hot water or dry it in a hot dryer, it could end up shrinking after the first wash.
This is why it’s important to pay attention to the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Let’s help you out by giving you some tips for washing and caring for your Adidas football shirt:
- Wash your shirt in cold water.
- Use a mild detergent when cleaning your Adidas shirt.
- Steer clear of bleaching your shirt.
- Air dry your shirt or tumble dry it on low heat.
Tips for Choosing the Right Adidas Football Shirt Size
Choosing the right size Adidas football shirt can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these tips, you can ensure that you get a shirt that suits your body type.
- Measure your body: Compare your measurements to the size chart provided by the manufacturer. You can find a size chart on the Adidas website or on the website of the retailer where you’re buying the shirt.
- Consider the style of the shirt: Some shirts are designed to fit more snugly, while others are more relaxed. If you’re unsure about what size to order, it’s always better to size up.
- Think about your body type: If you have a muscular build, you may need to choose a bigger size. If you’re on the petite side, go for a smaller fit.
- Try on the shirt before you buy it: This is a mistake-free way to ensure that the shirt fits you perfectly without second guesses!
- If you’re ordering online, read the reviews: Reading reviews from other customers can give you a good idea of how the shirt fits on average.
- If you’re still unsure about the shirt’s size, contact the manufacturer or retailer: They should be able to help you choose the ideal size shirt for you.
The Final Score.
So, do Adidas football shirts run small?
The truth is, it depends on several factors, including the shirt’s style, the material it’s made from, and your body dimensions. The way you wash and dry your shirt will also affect its fit.
Lastly, if you’re unsure about what size to order, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and size up. This will ensure that you get a comfortable fit and that the shirt won’t shrink after you wash it.
Now go out there and find the perfect Adidas football shirt for training or a big game!